专 业： 英语笔译硕士专业学位
科目名称： 翻译硕士英语（211） 共9页 第1页
I. Choose the one answer that that best explains the underlined word or phrase in the sentence. Write
your answers on the ANSWER SHEET (20 points).
1. With mutually cherished memories, pure love, and an unyielding promise. I promise in my own name to
take on all her love, hope and grief forever and forever.
A. desired B. planned C. anticipated D. envisaged
2. Outraged netizens disseminated photos of the incident, forcing Mr. Phuc to apologize- a rare step for a
senior official in Vietnam’s authoritarian regime.
A. scattered B. dissolved C. pestered D. prowled
3. Profoundly troubling signs from human activities, including but not limited to growing livestock
populations, global tree cover loss and higher carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions.
A. effluent B. discharge C. preservation D. reservation
4. With its decision on Oct 15 to not ban Huawei from building its 5G network, the German government
has shown admirable courage and independence under mounting pressure and intimidation from the
United States administration.
A. humiliation B. violation C. threat D. danger
5. They may be right on some indicators, but by hoping that the private sector would help alleviate the
climate crisis, they are at best being na?ve, and at worst reflecting their helplessness.
A. increase B. mitigate C. proceed D. stimulate
6. In ancient times, the Chinese people took the Start of Winter to be the beginning of the winter. In fact,
the Start of Winter in not the beginning of winter in terms of meteorology. The climate every year is
different, so the beginning of winter could be quite different. And with the vast territory of China, winter
in every area doesn’t begin at the same time.
A. biology B. aerography C. geology D. astrology
7. Financial consultants acknowledge that the value of common stock is inherently changeable.
A. relatively B. intrinsically C. consequently D. accordingly
8. Titled “Colorful Maritime Silk Road and Mutual Learning Among Civilizations”, the six-day event will
feature cultural performances, forums on artistic development and exhibitions of international intangible
cultural heritages related to the Maritimes Silk Road.
A. changeable B. untouchable C. valuable D. variable
9. Estimates are that Tianjin’s Binhai new area will by 2020 have seen the relocation there of over 1,200
corporate headquarters, financial institutions and high-end industries with an investment worth 400
A. reinforcement B. re-position C. re-accommodation D. reformation
10. The first Morin Khuur festival concluded on Sept 8 at Inner Mongolia Arts University in Hohhot, Inner
Mongolia autonomous region. Around 50 Chinese and international experts and scholars participated in
forums at the event to discuss the development of the Morin Khuur and related events.
A. attended B. debated C. discussed D. cooperated